This weekend’s project

1 May

I’m a little stuck on the BWOF black jersey dress. I thought I could omit the back zipper and get it on, but I can’t. So I need a 7 inch invisible zipper for the side to finish. I don’t have one and the fabric store is on the other side of town, so it will have to wait until I’m running some errands. From the test fit, it’s fine. Not fabulous. But, maybe when I’m not holding one side closed I’ll like it better.

I am also not sure if I got the layout for the satin correct. The way I ended up cutting, there was no stretch to it, plus I interfaced it.

So, I traced a 38 from this April 2007 BWOF this morning and will hopefully work on it Friday or Saturday (I took Friday off since I worked last Sunday and will work this Sunday).

BWOF April 2007 #120 Cropped Pants

A twill with quite a bit of lycra from Joanns. It’s been in the stash for a year now. The editorial drawing from the front of the magazine had these looking a little on the skinny side. I think I’ll need the stretch.

I like the scooped vs. slant pockets. I’d like to play with the grain a bit and have the yoke stripes in a different direction. We’ll see if it happens.

If the pants work, I’d like to do a little matching jacket so I have a business casual outfit for work.

8 Responses to “This weekend’s project”

1. Elaray May 2, 2007 at 22:10 #

I’ve been looking over your blog. It looks like you like BWOF as much as I do. My last 3 or four projects have been BWOF. I think that strip will look great when made into those capris.

2. Elaray May 2, 2007 at 22:10 #

3. narcissaqtpie May 2, 2007 at 23:25 #

I’m gonna be looking out for the pants review. They look like the perfect summer capri’s

4. narcissaqtpie May 2, 2007 at 23:25 #

5. Nancy Winningham May 3, 2007 at 02:15 #

What about a longer zipper? I order about 5-10 at a time from zipperstop. com in black, white, and beige and then cut them down to whatever size I need. In fact, I need to order some tonight. Same with invisibles.

6. Nancy Winningham May 3, 2007 at 02:15 #

7. cidell May 3, 2007 at 11:31 #

Hi Nancy! When the zipper was for the back it called for 21 inches. Now, I think the only place to fit one in is at the side, I *think* 7 because of the dolman sleeves. It seems like the only place to really fit one in is about an inch above the stretch satin band. I think. I’ve never put a zipper into a knit so I’m already worried about stretching it out :(

8. cidell May 3, 2007 at 11:31 #