Dude, I think I can make this

5 Jun

I once commented to my friend of the polka dot skirt that she owns all the clothes I wish I could buy. And it’s true. She’s has amazing quality taste.

Here’s another one I took a photo of this weekend.Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

I don’t know what it cost, but I’m sure it would require the sale of a vital organ for me to own it. The color is just a buttery and delicious silk (why all these food references for fabric?). Lovely satin lining. The hem has a crochet border sticthed on.

But, it’s also a small vs her usual extra small. If I ace bandage my upper body, it just might fit.

I’m not great at finding patterns that match up with things I want to make. I just don’t have the eye. And please don’t go out of your way to help me out, because I have a back log of projects anyway. But, if you have seen a pattern that could easily be turned in to this. By all means, tell me.

I’ll even learn how to crochet.

** 10 minutes later addendum

So, I found it online. I don’t know if this model could be less attractive, look more petulant or make the dress look more schlumpy.

AKA New York Smock Dress. Retail $360

Photos are from ShopBop.com

10 Responses to “Dude, I think I can make this”

1. Nancy (nanflan) June 5, 2007 at 02:27 #

Dang, it really says something when it looks better on the bed than on the model. Could she do less to work this look? Puh-leese.

Anyway, lovely dress and I’m sure someone will pipe up with just the right pattern for you.

2. Nancy (nanflan) June 5, 2007 at 02:27 #

3. christina June 5, 2007 at 05:27 #

Nice dress! I will keep my eyes peeled for a pattern…

4. christina June 5, 2007 at 05:27 #

Nice dress! I will keep my eyes peeled for a pattern…

5. dawn June 5, 2007 at 14:43 #

Oh, I love that. I have a dress here now, waiting for a hem, that is the same buttery silk. mmmmm….

Looks awful on the model, though. You can do better!

6. dawn June 5, 2007 at 14:43 #

Looks awful on the model, though. You can do better!

7. narcissaqtpie June 5, 2007 at 20:13 #

I’m with Dawn, it does looks wack on the model, but its’s a great dress and pretty color. im sure it would look nice on you. Soooooo…..what else is in your bud’s closet?

8. narcissaqtpie June 5, 2007 at 20:13 #

9. cidell June 6, 2007 at 01:32 #

Wack. Love that word. Seriously, the model just looks bitter with a lazy eye. I know she’s someone’s daughter, but really. The dress just looks bad on her. Nanflan is right, does look better on the bed.

10. cidell June 6, 2007 at 01:32 #