It’s a conspiracy

20 Jun

I called a Sewing Place last Friday to get the correct Neue Mode I ordered sent to me. They were helpful and gracious and quite apologetic. But, they let me know my pattern was backordered for TWO WEEKS!!! So AKA New York dress will have to wait a little longer.

It’s probably for the best. I went to Anthropologie Sunday and tried on the Whale Watching Trousers per Christinia‘s suggestion.

I’m happy to report that they are fabulous in pretty much every way. But, there was major gapage between my waist and rear in the six and the four was too small. So, I wouldn’t have bought them anyway. Oh, the Anhropologie pairs’ fabric is much softer than what I have and was lined in white cotton batiste.

Last week Amy suggested I use Simplicity 4237 to make a similar pair vs the Vogue 8131. The Vogue has been sold out the last two pattern sales at Joann’s. But, I actually had 4237 in the stash.

Image from Anthropologie.com

So, my plan is to muslin the Simplicity, View E next week. I’ll need to add about six inches to the length as these are gauchos. There are no pockets in the Simplicity (Vouge had slant pockets).

The Anthropologie pants have front curved pockets and back flap pockets (click on zoom additional views to see them) that come out from the waistband — I don’t think I’m describing that right. Both the front and back pockets are trimmed out in bias cut fabric.

The Anthropologie pants have a fly in the front. The Vouge pants have a mock fly. But, I’m trying to get the look of wide leg seersucker trousers. So, I don’t mind the side zip from the Simplicity. Besides, the sailor style orientation of the buttons are very cute to me.

I thought the little pocket flaps didn’t really look good on my behind. So I’ll either make larger ones or skip them. I need to at least figure out how to make them! Hmmm, or do faux pockets…

10 Responses to “It’s a conspiracy”

1. Erica B. June 20, 2007 at 22:08 #

If I see one more cute thing today, I’m going to scream! LOL First, Christina with the hot drawstring dress now these pants! Stop it, I don’t need any more ideas! Those are going to be so great, I can’t wait to see your version.

2. narcissaqtpie June 20, 2007 at 22:46 #

LOL @ the conspiracy, we all ordered the pattern after you brought it to our attention. That’s why I always buy first then spread the word.

3. Adrienne June 20, 2007 at 23:34 #

I can’t wait to see your version! Those are going to be cute!

4. Cidell June 21, 2007 at 01:33 #

narcissaqtpie I didn’t want to say that, but since you put it out there….

5. christina June 21, 2007 at 04:51 #

I’m glad you got to try on these pants. Looking forward to seeing what you come up with!

6. dawn June 21, 2007 at 14:03 #

I really can’t wait to see these! It’s a great style and it’ll be fantastic on you. And there’ll be no back waist gaposis!

7. Marji June 21, 2007 at 15:19 #

have you seen the bell bottoms they’re showing at Style.com? http://www.style.com/index.html
    that link may or may not work.
    These will be too cute on you!
    I know I have some throw-back design sensibilities, but I am soo glad to see that silhouette coming back in pants, They are so much fun to wear.

8. cidell June 21, 2007 at 17:14 #

Marji those remind me of the jeans tht Betty and Veronica wore in the Archie comics! They are really different. But, I like them. I like the throwback look too!

9. Nancy W. June 21, 2007 at 19:31 #

I have made these pants twice and plan to make the gauchos as soon as I finish the two projects I’m working on right now. You can always change the zipper to a front fly by using the instructions in Sandra Betzina’s Power Sewing book if you have it. If not, I’d be happy to scan them and send them to you if you’re interested in doing the fly front.

10. Page November 25, 2011 at 01:55 #

Wonderful!!! I have a pair of anthro pants I bought on deep sale, but still not worth it b/c they developed tiny small holes. Everything I have purchased on sale at Antrho had developed little tiny holes from washing so it’s better to make your own and not waste your $!