I wore my seersucker suit to work today and my boss commented that she liked it and asked where I got it. I said, “I made it.” She looked surprised, told me I was good and said, “You have time to sew?” And I said, in a very pointed manner, “Not anymore.” Laughter ensues.
At any rate, I’m done with the Patrones blouse. Thanks to a hint from Tany and Summerset, I cut off the original cuff and used 3/4 inch elastic to make a separate elastic cuff. I did it this way vs. a narrow channel on the sleeve because I still like the look of a cuff. Think scrunchy with the seam allowance intact. Once attached, I serged it to clean up the finish.
I left the button collar off because I kind of like the 80s collar-up look. Plus, collar closed I look like a mortician. Oh, and I only had six buttons….. Besides, black is soooo not my color when I don’t have some skin showing. I also used pale pink buttons to try and break up the black.
Overall, I’m pleased. The blouse looks much cuter in person than in the photos. Don’t judge it by the outfit combination. This photo shoot taught me that I need some white linen pants.
So this officially begins my Fall of the Blouse. It was the Summer of the Dress, now it’s Fall of the Blouse. It’ll probably become Winter of the Pant come November. I need a lot more coordinates!
PatternReview.com review here.
**Sorry for the not always great picture quality. Black is hard to photograph so some photos I lightened. Plus, it’s hard to take photos of a dark object against a light background. But, I have to make a pitch again for a camera for face recognition (mine). It occurred to me to turn it on halfway though the photo taking. Those are the photo where the black is far more true as is my skintone. It did a much better job of metering the light based on the darker parts of the photo. Ok. Science, geeky, photo rambling over.