Podcast #6

26 Apr

I’m randomly in DC this afternoon so Trena and I podcasted. It’s been a long time, eh? You can listen HERE on the Podbean site.  And of course, you should subscribe on iTunes where we are automatically updated.

After a few requests, here are some show notes:

Tracy Reece Vogue design

Tracy Reese for Sally Hansen from All Lacquered Up

Cynthia Rowley for Simplicity

Burda April

Burda May

Post on the Anthropologie Dress

7 Responses to “Podcast #6”

1. Diane April 26, 2009 at 21:19 #

So glad you’ve recorded a new episode! I’m looking forward to listening. Listening to sewing banter makes dreary driving so much more bearable…… Thanks!!

2. barb April 27, 2009 at 23:13 #

I can’t wait to listen to the podcast. You got me interested in the Burda WOF when I was working in VA I would purchase the magizines I liked in BORDERS. Now I am in GA and they do not sell the magizines in any Bookstore so I had to subscribe. But the patterns are confusing to trace. How long does it take you to trace the pattern?.
    I am going by what everyone says the fit is good I have not constructed anything yet .

3. lsaspacey April 28, 2009 at 00:17 #

You guys are too much fun. Hopefully one day we can all meet. I live in Richmond now but used to live in Arlington so I know those same JoAnns, Hancocks, Minnesota Fabrics, and G Street Fabrics that you talk about.

4. Anne April 28, 2009 at 03:46 #

Good to have you back. :-)

Last time, you said something about keeping the podcast down to 30 minutes because that was a good length for a workout or such. I don’t think you should worry so much about that – I can’t flip through the BWOF(!) while working out anyway so I have to sit still or lay on the couch and it is fine whether it is 35 minuter or 45 minutes. Just take your time, ladies. :-)

5. Lindsay T April 29, 2009 at 09:59 #

Fun podcast, girls. Loved the whole culottes debate. I told Trena I agree with you on this one, Cidell.

Speaking of Kleinfeld’s and wedding dresses, one day I will have to blog about being personally fitted (“felt up” is actually more accurate) by Mr. Kleinfeld when i bought my wedding gown there.

6. Johanna Lu April 30, 2009 at 02:22 #

Loved your show, and I’s so with you on the skirt length issue, I just make the same “just-above-the-knee” length over and over but now I really crave a (semi-) mini

7. joan May 1, 2009 at 18:00 #

Hi if you put your fingers in the middle of the roll and roll it as if to make it smaller it will come out for you, save you cutting the tube!
    good luck