2009 Wrap Up

31 Dec

I love WordPress for their blogging platform, but I do not love that I can’t embed this slide show. Oh well, click here for my 2009 projects.

I was less productive this year than in 2008. But, I finally refashioned something and I FINALLY made something for my mom. Well, it wasn’t initially for her but she ended up with it.

For 2010, I have some very modest goals. The first, is that I’m not buying fabric. Scoff if you like, I know I would if you said it to me. But, I have more than enough to sew for the next year. Linings and trims are ok to finish projects. But, I have plenty to work with now.

Second, is that I have a great collection of Patrones, Mrs. Stylebook, Knip Mode and La Mia Boutique. And, I don’t have a great comfort level with them. So, every other project (or one project a month) needs to be from on of those four magazines. Otherwise, I can’t justify the space they are taking and the hasseling of friends and colleagues to send them to me.

I’m not going to beat myself up if I don’t stick with them, but I like making goals and reaching them when possible.

I hope you all have a wonderful New Year’s weekend and bring on 2010 I say!

27 Responses to “2009 Wrap Up”

1. lin3arossa December 31, 2009 at 10:32 #

You can embed in WordPress. Slideshare is one of three possibilities. I just can’t recall what they’re called at the moment but make a quick search, you’ll find the other two.
    I wish you Happy New Year and and can’t wait to see what you come up with in 2010!

• Miss Celie December 31, 2009 at 11:07 #

Yes, you can with Slide.com. But, I’m too lazy to copy over from Photobucket ;)

2. Jean December 31, 2009 at 10:48 #

I just went through the process of organizing my fabrics and yarn (it’s that year-end thing) — it is amazing how much can be accumulated! As I was looking at my bins, I thought about resolving to use up those materials first before buying more. You’ve come up with great goals that I know you will reach. Have a happy new year!

3. Toby Wollin December 31, 2009 at 11:10 #

Heh – you and me and the Mrs. Stylebooks. My big goal is to figure out how to draft a pattern for myself out of one of them. Nothing too nutty, perhaps a skirt and a top, but I definitely want to do that.

4. Auntie Allyn December 31, 2009 at 11:33 #

Thanks for a great year of information from your blog! Wishing you a great 2010!

5. kathleen December 31, 2009 at 11:45 #

Happy New Year! I have not bought any fabric for TWO YEARS, so I know you can do it! To tell the truth, I still have plenty to work with. I don’t want to end up like those people on hoarders, with possums in the bedroom!

6. Carolyn December 31, 2009 at 11:55 #

Okay I promise not to share any more REALLY good online fabric sales! I also pledge not to tell you when I’m heading to Metro Textiles because I just don’t want to lead you into temptation! *LOL*

7. Reethi December 31, 2009 at 12:20 #

Happy New Year!

8. Erica B. December 31, 2009 at 12:27 #

Happy New Year!

9. Susan - Knitters Delight December 31, 2009 at 14:01 #

Happy New Year! Today for the first and second time in my life, I heard abuot Mrs. Stylebook. Very cool. As for La Mia Boutique, I really need to get my hands on a few issues! Love the styles.

10. Elaray December 31, 2009 at 15:47 #

Practical, attainable goals! Have a Happy and Blessed New Year.

11. Lisa Scott December 31, 2009 at 16:00 #

You can make a photo slide show with http://www.slide.com/, WordPress will display it.

12. Remnant December 31, 2009 at 17:20 #

You and your blog have been a huge inspiration to me this year. Thanks for taking the time to talk about your successes – and failures. You make sewing “real” to me. Have a great and blessed New Years.

13. Summerset December 31, 2009 at 17:50 #

Happy New Year! Looking forward to seeing what you’ll make and where your adventures will take you in 2010!

14. Vicki December 31, 2009 at 18:40 #

Happy New Year!

15. justgail December 31, 2009 at 20:33 #

Happy New Year! I’ve enjoyed reading about the past year’s projects, and look forward to the new ones.

16. ginevra January 1, 2010 at 06:50 #

Happy New Year!
    So, are you going to do the full fitting yourself a Bunka/Mrs. Stylebook block? Want an (inexperienced) friend along too, for company?!?

17. Kathi January 1, 2010 at 15:01 #

These sound like good goals. I would like to say I will stop buying fabric, but . . .
    Happy New Year!!

18. katharinec January 1, 2010 at 18:26 #

Happy New Year! Actually I find stash sewing to be very satisfying. You start dreaming up projects just to sew specific yardage. It’s nice to see what was sitting in a bin turn into a working part of your wardrobe, home dec, etc. Savour the accomplishment.

19. Andrea January 1, 2010 at 18:49 #

I know what you mean about the no buying fabric. I have so much right now, I’m not trying to buy any. I know that I am going to try and work from what I have.

Happy New Year!!

20. goldenstar January 1, 2010 at 22:23 #

Happy New Year!

I will join you in the no fabric purchases in 2010. I have wayyy too much and can make beautiful things with what I have. I just have to get all of this organized…..

21. amber January 4, 2010 at 11:25 #

Those sound like some very doable goals. Happy New Year!

22. Nancy January 5, 2010 at 00:22 #

Congrats on the new itouch! I’ll bet you’re loving it already. OH, and good luck on that no fabric resolution. I have MORE than enough as well, but I’m sure that one will never hold water with me.

23. Donnie January 8, 2010 at 00:07 #

i just took a look at the photobucket page. Clicking the text marked HTML Code will copy it for you (at least on Windows with Chrome). In WP just click the html tab on your post to drop it in. You may need to tweak the code a little for the sake of your theme (lazy?).

• Miss Celie January 8, 2010 at 03:03 #

WordPress won’t allow the java script code

Sent from my iPod