My ‘Texas Tuxedo’

17 Jun

Today is my last ‘vacation’ day in Montreal. The fabulous women of PR are arriving. In fact, I just saw Connie in the lobby.

I bought eight cans of maple syrup to bring home today. 13 lbs in fact. I didn’t want to walk them from the metro back to the University of Montreal, so I rented the Bixi bike and pedaled past my mom and Aunt Judy.

Travel wardobe today. This is a two year old Patrones skirt. It’s sadly only the second time I’ve worn it. It’s such a cute skirt. But, it really needs a white denim / twill blazer for it to be ‘nice’ enough for work. And, as mentioned, I have NO separates. I tossed it in with the H&M brown shirt on a whim. I look like an Andes Mint. A color scheme I kind of love. Oh, and mom is in my pants, my jacket and a hat I bought for her. I think I *am* my mom’s stylist. Oh, wait. She’s even got my PatternReview.com bag.

Umm, I love that my first name sounds so much better in French than in English. And, is everywhere. It’s obscured, but the sign says ‘Le Belle Renee’. (taken yesterday wearing BWOF 2-2009-118). Trena, who is from Texas, says I’m in a ‘Texas Tuxedo’ because I’m wearing jeans with a denim jacket. LOL. Love that.

14 Responses to “My ‘Texas Tuxedo’”

1. Carol June 17, 2010 at 18:28 #

You and your mum look great together, that shot is perfect! I just bought 2metres of green, brown and white stripe cotton that would make a great top to go with that skirt. When I was in the shop I kept thinking how it looked like a choc mint slice.

• karen June 18, 2010 at 03:44 #

You look as though you’re having so much FUN! Love all the outfits. And being your mum’s stylist – wow.

2. Connie June 18, 2010 at 06:54 #

That maple syrup looked so cute walking in the door! See you in a few minutes!

3. Stephanie June 18, 2010 at 07:46 #

Texas Tuxedo is THE funniest thing I’ve ever heard.

4. ellejaycee June 18, 2010 at 09:28 #

In Canada it is referred to as a Canadian Tuxedo!

5. Libby June 18, 2010 at 11:04 #

Oh, you’re having so much fun! You and your mom and picture perfect. I’m anxious now to see what you’re going to do with all that maple syrup! :-)

6. selfishseamstress June 18, 2010 at 11:45 #

Texas Tuxedo! I’ve actually heard the same ensemble called a “Canadian Tuxedo” too :) I love taunting my Canadian friends with that one.

7. Angela June 18, 2010 at 12:14 #

Oh, it looks like so much fun! Texas Tuxedo? Haha.. that’s too funny!

8. Lindsay T June 18, 2010 at 15:06 #

Love the photos! Mais oui, everything sounds better en français. Judy looks like she’s enjoying herself.

9. Marjie June 18, 2010 at 17:03 #

Just caught up on your trip to Montreal. Your andes mint outfit is really cute, and so is your mom. Lucky she has a great stylist like you, right? Glad you had such a fine trip.

10. Linda L June 18, 2010 at 18:39 #

I love the Texas Tuxedo term. Will have to borrow that. Looks like you are having great fun!

11. Auntie Allyn June 19, 2010 at 11:58 #

Hi Connie! Hi Trena! Hi Renee! It’s me, Allyn, waving at you from St. Thomas . . . hope you guys are having a fabulous time! (actually, I’m sure you’re having a blast)

12. The Slapdash Sewist June 19, 2010 at 16:03 #

How did I not notice that the branches were blocking the sign??? Sorry about that! I am very impressed with your recapping. It’s all I can do not to fall asleep in my clothes at the end of a day of sightseeing.

13. Claire S. June 20, 2010 at 18:49 #

It was great meeting you and all the other ladies – I can’t believe it’s over !!!

Yep – Canadian Tuxedo works too LOL