Incremental Progress

So, my tuxedo was *not* finished by Saturday night’s fundraiser. I wore a RTW dress that’s been hiding in my closet for the last two years. I spent 30 mins working on my tux last night. The pattern is from the February 2011 Burda, #126.

Because of the way the pockets / darts are sewn on the jacket, I wasn’t able to just leave the welts. I needed the flaps to cover the herringbone stitch I used to attach the bottom and top of the darts.

For the collar, I first adjusted for turn of cloth, just needing to eliminate 1/4 inch or so from the undercollar.

Here is the collar, notched and all.

I hate to admit that I haven’t even cut out the lining yet! I plan to tackle the two piece sleeve this weekend. Hopefully, this will be done before my girl’s weekend, mini-break in Santa Fe, New Mexico at the end of the month.

About these ads

12 thoughts on “Incremental Progress

  1. Looking good. Working slowly on a project of this caliber will yield much better results than if you hurried through it. It will look wonderful when you’re done.

  2. It looks great and pretty complicated! I can’t wait to see the finished jacket but it is interesting to see all the issues that come up on a detailed, advanced project.

  3. Pingback: To Finish, or Not to Finish… And Mobbie Update « Miss Celie's Pants

Comments are closed.