Running Boy Shorts

4 Nov

Click here to vote for my blog ... early and often

Brrrr. Dont’ worry. It’s already too cold (for me) on the east coast to wear running shorts. But, I have taken up running. Well, I’ve been three times in the last week. Considering I despise running with every fiber of my being (second only to hiking), this counts as ‘taken up running’ for me. Why am I running?  Because mid-30s spread isn’t pretty. It’s super efficient. I love the idea of running. And, it’s kind of the easiest form of exercise there is, no? I know I should find exercise I love, but those all cost money (ballet, swimming, Bikram) and this is kind of… free.

Source: imgur.com via Kristen on Pinterest

I’ve noticed when I run that, I um, sweat — everywhere. I’ve been to the Under Armour headquarters and I thought it was so funny when I saw they made underwear. It seemed like a great way to gouge people. $19 for shorts that I won’t even look cute in! Think sausage legs with a jelly roll on top. But, now I know why moisture wicking shorts exist.

I’ve isolated a pattern from Patrones. Something I’ve made before as a swim bottom. But, I think with a few small alterations, they will be good exercise base layers.

I plan to work on them this weekend. We’ll see! Best laid plans and all that :)

It’s day Four of the Mobbie Awards! I didn’t post a reminder yesterday because I felt like a nag.  Then again, that let me drop in *all* the rankings!! So, I will now implore you to vote and know that I’ll be all kinds of badgery this weekend. Please take a moment and vote for me

Click here to vote for my blog ... early and often

• Best Personal Blog
  • Best DIY blog
  • Best Lifestyle Blog

And after you cast your votes, you have an opportunity to vote for me in Best Overall Blog.

The stakes are small, but I would derive an insane amount of happiness by being able to write ‘Award Winning Blogger’ on my virtual resume.

Thank you for everyone who voted and continues to vote for me!

10 Responses to “Running Boy Shorts”

1. RobinDenning November 4, 2011 at 10:24 #

LOL, headed over to vote now.

I highly recommend http://tiny.cc/743nt
    Exercise shorts are one of the best uses of sewing time ever.
    Big gain for little investment.

• Miss Celie November 4, 2011 at 10:27 #

Ooooh! Thanks! And, thank you for posting about the Mobbies on *your* blog! It’s probably what kept my afloat yesterday!

2. Tia Dia November 4, 2011 at 11:04 #

The pictures cracked me up! It’s quite true, pictures say 1000 words. I love the bubble blowing one! :)

3. Patti November 4, 2011 at 12:40 #

Oh, please do badger – otherwise I forget!

4. Dei November 4, 2011 at 12:40 #

LOL. Lurv it.

5. Texan November 4, 2011 at 12:53 #

My favorite running shorts have boy cut leggings inside them. I can’t wait to see what you make. I think that swimsuit pattern looks perfect for running shorts!

6. Summer November 4, 2011 at 16:27 #

Those are a great idea! I have some underwear like this and would add elastic on the back half of the leg if making them myself. Otherwise they like to squirm around.

7. amanda November 4, 2011 at 16:57 #

Shorts look great! I am not a fan of working with stretch – but I ought to give it a try… Yes keep the reminders coming re the voting – we are all championing your blog! I love to run and find an ipod playlist (with some rockin’, bumpin’ tunes) is the only way to get through it, (that and a little visualisation about how much good I am doing whilst dragging my behind round the course) – good luck! – amanda

8. priscilla3 November 4, 2011 at 18:26 #

Love the picture It gave me the giggle I needed today.:O)

9. Erin November 5, 2011 at 11:44 #

I also hate running. Luckily, it messes up my knees pretty bad, so at least I have a good excuse. Instead I’ve been using almost all of the beach body workouts. I’m a big fan of all of Chalene Johnson’s videos, and I don’t have to leave the house to do them (turbojam, chalene extreme, turbofire). On the shorts front, do you have a Joe Clothing where you are? They have very cute work out wear, and I especially love their active wear sport shorts $19 (http://www.joefresh.com/en/category/women-active). I have what I like to call muscular thighs, and they are just long enough to be flattering, but short enough to keep me cool. Here in Saskatchewan, we have Joe Clothing at the grocery store, but I think there are some stand alone stores opening in the NY area right around now.