My Mom Rocks / Jason Wu for Target

5 Feb

Sunday morning the Jason Wu collection for Target launched. My friend Liz and I learned from the Missoni nonsense that the early bird gets the worm. For Missoni, someone spent $3,000 in one fell swoop and all that was left was a pair of slippers.

Liz bundled up. It was *cold*

We left the city at 7:00 a.m. with light snow falling and headed to the suburbs where there were two Targets within 15 minutes of each other. I kid you not, within 12 minutes we were in and out of the store at the 8:00 a.m. open (with 20 people in line) with purchases in hand. We do not play.

People seriously clean out stores out. While I’m happy to report I snagged these:

The dress I REALLY wanted didn’t even make it to the stores we hit.

I called my mom in Florida from the Target parking lot at 8:12 a.m. I figured she’s got several Targets around her and a slew of retirees. Odds were good the dress and second purse I wanted would be around. And, I kid you not, she was out the door and hoofing it to her Target. She called me from the store holding on to what she could find and verifying it was what I wanted.

But, that stupid dress wasn’t at her Target either. Grrrr. Of course, it’s now on eBay for double what it cost.

Did I mention that my mom rocks? For real. Who else is going to leave their house at 8:15 a.m. and go to Target for a limited edition capsule collection? My mom. Because she rocks.

13 Responses to “My Mom Rocks / Jason Wu for Target”

1. Renee February 5, 2012 at 14:53 #

Great snags, Cidell, and your mom definitely rocks.

2. prttynpnk February 5, 2012 at 15:32 #

Great work! Once more the Podunk county target didn’t get any treats…..Wu denied…sigh

3. Robin Denning February 5, 2012 at 15:57 #

You did great!! And your mom does rock!!

4. emadethis February 5, 2012 at 16:44 #

Yay Moms! That is an adorable purse, so sorry she couldn’t score the dress too.

5. isidore February 5, 2012 at 17:37 #

Darn, I feel bad now! I tried that dress on this morning and then put it back because I don’t really wear dresses. I thought about buying it anyways thinking I could always sell it on ebay, but I didn’t want to be one of those people.

6. Beryl February 5, 2012 at 17:52 #

Since you rock, I’m not surprised to hear that your mom does too. As to all those Ebay sellers of Missoni, a huge amount of Missoni for Target didn’t sell on Ebay and got returned to Target, at which point it was marked down. And lots of the sizes were odd, so some got returned by people who bought it on Ebay and they only got credits for the lower sale price. The $40 color blocked leather pumps were available for $12 in almost every size at my local Target (Tulsa) after an Eay seller brought it all back. When I tried on my usual size (in every other brand I have ever bought) it was one whole size too large.

7. Melodye February 5, 2012 at 18:27 #

That’s what Moms do!

8. Hannah Jean February 6, 2012 at 03:18 #

I’ve never heard of Target having limited edition anything around here. Guess I’m behind the times!

9. Elena February 6, 2012 at 08:40 #

I wanted this dress also but could not find it anywhere, and I went to 4 Target stores. But I got lucky to order the other navy dress, the shift, online.

10. CGCouture February 6, 2012 at 10:46 #

Sorry you didn’t find everything you wanted, but it looks like you still got a pretty good haul! :-) And yeah, your mom definitely rocks to do that for you.

11. Katharine in Brussels February 6, 2012 at 11:09 #

Your mom does rock! Wow.

12. Carolyn February 6, 2012 at 12:34 #

That was very cool of your mom! I know what you mean about the stuff going fast…we are living in the wrong areas of the country! :)

13. Kim Hood February 6, 2012 at 17:32 #

Yes your mom does rock. But it’s in the job description (daughters just don’t realise until we do great things like this!)