Trena and I recorded our third podcast last week. In this one, we review the April BWOF (Yeah. We are a little behind.) Talk about her fabric shopping experience in Vietnam and discuss our current projects.
You can play below or download and listen here
I’ve been tagged on two memes! First, the random things meme. I was tagged by NanFlan from SewWest. And I should give six random things about me.
1. I’ve decided that someone being a good kisser or not is totally subjective. Calling someone a good kisser means they just kiss you the way you want to be kissed.
2. I used to love guacamole. Late last year it started making me sick to my stomach. Even the smell of it. Is that what pregnancy is like? I miss guacamole.
2. My oldest friend is from high school. I think this is because I moved around so much growing up an Army brat. I wish I was one of those people with life long friends.
3. I’m allergic to grass. Which makes yard work f-u-n.
4. Telling me I am articulate, asking me if my mother is a teacher or telling me I sound ‘different/white/not black’ is asking for some tooth sucking and a lecture. My parents are from the Islands and they speak the King’s English. They are both professionals with advanced degrees. I am a reflection of my parents. Grrr.
6. I’m thinking of cutting work early and getting a manicure tomorrow in time for Saturday’s gala.
I was also tagged by Carolyn. And a big thanks to Lindsay T for defining a meme. I never really knew!
1. Pick up the nearest book. Gone With the Wind (one of my favorite books. And, I’m thinking it would be pretty funny to be Scarlett O’Hara for Halloween. I’ve started rereading it after a recent Scarlett O’hara costume review on PatternReview.com. Am now on the hunt for that Butterick pattern)
2. Open to page 123. 3. Find the fifth sentence. 4. Post the next three sentences.
Men could be trusted to keep their mouths shut, even men like Mr. Butler, but with Honey Wilkes giving tongue like a hound in the field, the entire County would know about it before six o’clock. And Gerald had said only last night that he wouldn’t be having the County laughing at his daughter. And how they would laugh at her!
5. Tag five people, and acknowledge who tagged you.
Everyone I know has been tagged 😦 That’s what I get for waiting to do mine!