- That I will wake up at 6:00 a.m. and go to the pool
- That I will not eat cookies/ microwave popcorn / frozen pizza for dinner
- That I will not read blogs, personal emails, or PatternReview.com while at work
- That I am the same size as last year and my skirt shrank in the wash
- That I have a totally normal size collection of nail polish
- That I will sew pants
And the biggest lie of them all? That I’ll sew a wardrobe / SWAP.
Despite this massive lie, I still made myself late for work this morning pulling out a collection of fabric I would like to work with this summer.
So what if it sits on the sofa all sunmer while I sew anything that’s not khaki, denim, brown or a combination of the two? These lies make me feel productive and organized. We all need our little crutches to get through the day, right?
Dare I ask, what lies do you tell yourself?