I won’t even bother cautioning you on my lack of fitting expertise. Due to a R/X change, I had some abdomen bloating and jumped to a bigger cup size in a matter of days. In fact, I could likely try two sizes up and it might fit. I just don’t know why I couldn’t get the bigger bust without the gut. All this means I’ve had to start doing FBAs (and buy a lot of new bras). My current project has been cut for several months, this #108, January 2008 blouse.
It’s quite popular on PatternReview.com with 18 current review, but I’m just getting around to it now. For this, I made a princess seam FBA based on Sandra Betzina’s Fast Fit. Come to think of it, I think this is the only FBA I’ve really done.
Ooooh!! All the pretty colors!
- Red is what I slashed and spread. About 1/2 an inch
- Yellow is the original grainline
- Green is the new grainline
- Ummmm, I do not recall what the blue is or why I marked it. I thought it was my slashline. But, I don’t think it is. Oh, well.
One reason this project took so long is because the fabric (purchased in NYC the time before last. I think Elizabeth bought the same.) is see through. I finally got batiste from Mood when I was in NYC last month.
Last night I underlined it while watching True Blood. I also cut this pattern before I thought to alter for sleeve width and there isn’t a scrap of fabric left.
Tonight, I did basic assembly which took a little over an hour. I should spend tomorrow night cutting and fusing my interfacing.
Odds are looking good I’ll githerdone over the weekend. It’s top number 3 of 4 of my East Coat to Far East capsule.
I need to decide on top stitching (wasn’t loving my first attempt at it).